Sunday, April 10, 2011

Boys and Girls Learn Differently

I really liked the activity that we had to do at the beginning of the book talk presentation. While you did this as a example of finding if more guys and one girl, or more girls and one guy, and all girls working together to see how it worked, I would personally use it as a team building activity in my classroom. Sometimes, as it was shown in class it doesn't work out as expected. However, with this activity you could use it to see who the leaders are in your classroom, and who are okay with listening to others. The little quiz thing that we did after the activity was pretty cool, but I wasn't really sure exactly how it tied into everything. Kyle and Sarah, I really liked your topics about the sports and the counseling. I really agree with the new types of counselings, and they make complete sense with the way that boys and girls personalities are. The segregation in the classroom piece was definitely interesting to think about. However, I do not like the idea of segregated schools. I think that after all that this country has worked for with equality in every aspect, many people could see this as a step backwards. The idea of school uniforms also seems rather old school. I can see how it could be convenient for some who have an issue of getting ready in the morning. This book seems like it has a lot of radical ideas in it, that might be hard to imply at this time in the schools.

No comments:

Post a Comment