Thursday, March 17, 2011

Book Talks

Student Oriented Curriculum
I really enjoyed the way that this book was taught to our class. The form of splitting up into groups and being taught different sections of the book was cool. Being able to have small discussions with two or three other people was a great way to work. This way you are able to really get everything in that you want to say. I like how from the book we were told about the new way of doing an assessment. Because using portfolios and having student led conferences were a very good idea. All in all the presentation for this book was done very well. I really like the idea that this book presents, and I would really like to see it done in the real classroom. Witnessing it would be very cool. I hope to sometime I could work in a school that is in the advancement away from the old school way of teaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment